Memorial Assistance Ministries (MAM)
MDUMC helps support Memorial Assistance Ministries MAM , which is located just north of I-10 on Blalock north of Long Point. Many members volunteer in these ministries to the community.
MDUMC teams with several churches in the community to support MAM by:
- Providing foods for sack lunches and personal care items for clients
- Working in the resale shop
- Assisting with an annual drive for school uniforms and socks
- Volunteering to help clients in the assistance programs or to teach ESL classes
MAM Programs and Services
- Assistance Program ~ gives financial help to individuals and families in crisis
- I Can See Program~ provides eye glasses to children in school
- Christmas Sharing Program ~ distributes toys for children
- Employment Services ~ conducts pre employment training and connects job seeker with area employers
- Back to School Program ~ supplies school uniform vouchers to SBISD students
- ESL ~ Daytime classes are taught at the MAM location and at John Knox Presbyterian Church
- Through collaborations with other organizations, MAM is an outreach location for Harris County Hospital District; food stamp, Medicaid, and CHIP application help; free tax preparation; baby formula distribution; and mobile health services.
The shop provides a low-cost source for clothing, furniture, and household items for the community and, in part, funds MAM’s programs and services. Donations are welcomed at the Resale Shop Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. ~ 6:00 p.m., and Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. ~ 5:00 p.m..
For the convenience of MDUMC members, only gently-used clothing is accepted at the church and transported to MAM by volunteers. To volunteer to help transport MDUMC donations to MAM, contact Randy Lee at 713/468-8356 or email@example.com.
To visit MAM’s website, click here.