The Metropolitan Organization (TMO)
The Metropolitan Organization TMO is a faith-based, broad-based, multi-issued, non-partisan group of churches and institutions that has as its mission “to teach people how to act on their faith values and participate in the decisions that affect their families and communities.” Susan Wiley, the staff person for Mercy and Justice ministry, works with this organization and members of the church to further this mission.
2010 Issues Agenda
1. Affordable healthcare and better utilization of health clinics and quicker access for diagnostic testing for potentially life threatening illnesses.
2. Quality public education and teaching over testing
3. Improved public safety
4. Comprehensive immigration reform
5. More drug and mental health courts
6. Establish more alternative sentencing programs for non-violent offenders
Join with others in our congregation to work with our political leaders to further this agenda that effects our families.
TMO in collaboration with Capital Idea—Houston has launched an adult education program with community partners including Lone Star CC, HCC, and various employers. The purpose of the program is to help persons in low paying jobs to receive the education needed to move into high paying jobs that have benefits and a career path. Orientations and applications will be taken during February and March, 2010. For further information contact Susan Wiley at email@example.com